Sunrise Haven offers inspiring and practical workshops for branch churches, individuals, other groups of Christian Scientists and their loved ones. Workshops may include one or more of the following topics:
- The Spiritual Dimension of Care: an inspirational, interactive workshop exploring the spiritual foundation of Christian Science nursing.
- The Good Samaritan Workshop:
- Ethics and metaphysical concepts regarding care.
- Preparing foods for one who needs assistance with meals.
- Basic lifting techniques and the use of mobility aids.
- Helping an individual move safely and comfortably to a chair, church pew, car seat, or up and down stairs.
- An explanation of the services offered by Sunrise Haven and answers to questions about health care coverage (including Medicare) and insurance options.
- Reasons why it’s important to have an Advance Healthcare Directive and Healthcare Power of Attorney to protect your wishes as a Christian Scientist
Small-group workshops can be accommodated at Sunrise Haven. Our staff will also travel to your location in the following areas: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska.
Interested in having a workshop for your church? More information and our rates and fees are available here.
For questions or to schedule a workshop, please contact our Executive Director at [email protected] or 253-813-2096 x 5.