Christian Science nursing is an integral part of the healing ministry of Christian Science.
Church Manual Bylaw, Article VIII, Sect. 31, p. 49
“Christian Science Nurse. A member of The Mother Church who represents himself or herself as a Christian Science nurse shall be one who has a demonstrable knowledge of Christian Science practice, who thoroughly understands the practical wisdom necessary in a sick room, and who can take proper care of the sick.
The cards of such persons may be inserted in The Christian Science Journal under rules established by the publishers.”
A Christian Science nurse is a member of The Mother Church (The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, MA) who has chosen to demonstrate this high standard of care through professional practice.
Sunrise Haven Vision, Mission, & Values
Sunrise Haven exists to provide an environment conducive to spiritual healing for the practice of Christian Science nursing as established in the Church Manual Bylaw (above).
loved, blessed, healed
Christian Science nursing
inspiring, loving and healing
Through our collective devotion to Christian healing, we embrace humanity with Christian Science nursing. In our daily work, we are guided by the following values:
- Our love for God and humanity is our foundation.
- In everything we do, we turn to God; finding direction from the Holy Bible and Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures.
- We expect and are committed to complete and immediate healing through the inspired practice of Christian Science.
- We provide safe, practical and compassionate Christian Science nursing care.
- We strive for unity and teamwork by obeying the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and the guidance found in Matthew 18:15-17
- We express gratitude for the good in every day.