Christian Science nurses provide skilled, physical nursing care for individuals relying on Christian Science treatment for healing. Sunrise Haven has provided Christian Science nursing care in the greater Seattle area for more than 75 years. Many testimonies of healing attest to the practical care and loving service our Christian Science nurses provide to patients.
- Christian Science nurses are well grounded in Christian Science practice and actively employ prayer, wisdom, and compassion while caring for patients. They fully expect progress and healing.
- Christian Science nurses are professionally trained to provide skilled physical care tailored to meet the needs of each individual. Christian Science nurses:
- Assist with personal care
- Help with mobility (getting up, walking, lifting, etc.)
- Assist with nourishment and modifications, as needed
- Provide for patients who are receiving care in bed
- Clean and bandage
- Ensure a safe environment with appropriate activity
- Christian Science nurses do not diagnose, administer drugs or provide any sort of physical therapy or other medical treatment.
Sunrise Haven provides a quiet, healing atmosphere with private rooms that are bright, airy and modern, with lovely plantings, and have private bathrooms. An on-site kitchen and dining facility serve nourishing, delicious meals. The landscaped grounds are beautifully maintained with a fountain, paths and seating. Tour our photo gallery.
Outpatient nursing care at Sunrise Haven is also available for those who need immediate help (such as bandaging), but who don’t require an overnight stay.
Inpatient and outpatient care are provided 24 hours a day.