Sunrise Haven offers inspiring and practical workshops for branch churches, individuals, other groups of Christian Scientists and their loved ones. Workshops may include one or more of the following topics:
- The Spiritual Dimension of Care: an inspirational, interactive workshop exploring the spiritual foundation of Christian Science nursing.
- The Good Samaritan Workshop:
- Ethics and metaphysical concepts regarding care.
- Preparing foods for one who needs assistance with meals.
- Basic lifting techniques and the use of mobility aids.
- Helping an individual move safely and comfortably to a chair, church pew, car seat, or up and down stairs.
- An explanation of the services offered by Sunrise Haven and answers to questions about health care coverage (including Medicare) and insurance options.
- Reasons why it’s important to have an Advance Healthcare Directive and Healthcare Power of Attorney to protect your wishes as a Christian Scientist
Small-group workshops can be accommodated at Sunrise Haven. Our staff will also travel to your location in the following areas: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska.
Interested in having a workshop for your church? More information and fees are available here.
For questions or to schedule a workshop, please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com or 253-813-2096 x 5.
Sunrise Haven Representatives
Interested in becoming a Sunrise Haven Representative for your branch church? Find out more here.
Volunteer at Sunrise Haven
Sunrise Haven always needs volunteers. Find out more about volunteer opportunities available to Christian Scientists and their families here.
Our MissionChristian Science nursing
inspiring, loving, and healing
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST